Congratulations to the 2015 Reining Alberta Classic Hi Point and Reserve Winners.
Our Hi Point winners will receive an embroidered jacket and our Reserve winners will receive an embroider hoodie supplied by Cannon Industries of Red Deer. Certificates for the winners are available at the show office during the Spring Classic.
Congrats to all !
New to the site:
- 2016 Membership Form is now posted to the website under Forms & Docs
- Reining Alberta is happy to announce we will be running AQHA Reining Classes concurrently with the NRHA classes at the 2016 Classic Shows - More information will be posted in the near future
- Thank you for the great support for RAPP - 185 horses are enrolled as of January 1st. The list of eligible offspring is posted under the RAPP under the Eligible Offspring tab.
- Thank you again for making the 2015 Classic Shows a great success. Results and Score Sheets are now posted.
A word from our President, Roxy Harbourne
Reining Alberta President’s Update - April 29, 2016
The purpose of this periodic update is to help the flow of information within Reining Alberta. The intent is to hopefully bring items to member’s attention, share what is happening within Reining Alberta and share where information can be found. This update will be emailed to RA members and posted on the RA Website. This year the RA Website will continue to be a key place where up to date information can be found. As well we will be sending out Email Blasts with important information separate from this update and posting information on Facebook. It is important that we have your up to date email address and that you make a point of checking the Website on a regular basis. Please feel free to give me a call/email if you have some suggestions on how we can do more to communicate with RA members or suggestions you may have to make Reining Alberta better for us all.
Horse Health and Safety
This particular topic will be something that I will include in my updates because the topic is so important! The intent here is to share information that will be valuable for members and our horse partners. These first points are general ones and not intended to be a complete list but rather starting a conversation. Many of you will be aware of/use some or all of these suggestions already. If you have some other suggestions that you would like to share please let me know what they are. Here are some of the basic ones I would like to start with:
1. We are the best advocates for our horses! We need to act with high moral and ethical standards for the best interests of all the horses that come to our shows. For example, if our horse is not well we should keep it home until it is healthy. If you are unsure check with your vet about taking your horse to a show.
2. Vaccinate your horse for it’s best protection. If you are unsure about this talk to your horse’s vet.
3. Spray your horse’s stall at the shows you attend. Many horses have previously used the stall you will be using.
Did you know that there are 24 Shows and Clinics that are put on by the 3 branches of Reining Alberta located throughout the province during the Reining season. This provides many opportunities for RA members to get into the show pen and have fun! Thanks to the trainers who help facilitate these clinics and shows and to all of the branch organization members who work so hard to plan and carry out all of these activities. There is a tremendous amount of work to make all of this happen and it is much appreciated! We hope to see those who show at the branch shows at some of the Classic Shows as well.
Sponsorship for Youth riders
Thanks to generous sponsorship from BR Ranch this year youth riders will have the opportunity to have a portion of their stall fee paid for at one of the three Classic Shows. Youth riders can have $50 of their stall fee at one Classic show paid for by this sponsorship! Talk to Kathie, the Reining Alberta Staff Administrator, to set this up.
Communication is a two way process, in order for it to be better we need members checking the RA Website, following on Facebook, reading the email blasts and other communication that is sent out and sharing their ideas with us so that we are in tune with what members are thinking. Let us know your thoughts, ideas and suggestions so they can become part of the discussion. Good luck and have a great season of Reining !
Roxy HarbournePresident, Reining Alberta403-392-6079 firstname.lastname@example.org
Reining Alberta mailing address is:
PO Box 10279
Airdrie AB T4A 0H6
The Reining Alberta phone # is: (403) 804-4031
Kathie MacKenzie is the Staff Administrator